CITB Health and Safety Awareness
Why Choose MBO Safety Services?
- Our pass rates are in excess of 90%
- Delivered by Instructors who are Chartered members of IOSH
- Quality Assurance, course content very thorough and engaging, various teaching techniques used to deliver key points.
- Excellent training venues with complementary refreshments
- Course can be delivered at your premises for group bookings
Course Cost£135.00 + VAT
Minimum of 4 delegates, maximum of 12
This one-day course is designed to help those who are about to or have just begun to work in the industry to provide the potential hazards they face on site.
It provides a practicable summary of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, identifying the delegate’s responsibilities for looking after themselves and others; outlines the employer’s duties; and explains what should be done if the worker thinks that anyone’s health and safety is being put at risk.
The course is an ideal foundation for those wishing to obtain an industry accreditation card.
This course is also an alternative route to the QCF Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment for the CSCS Labourer Card.
Delegates will receive a certificate of attendance. We recommend that this course is renewed every three years.
- Introduction – Covering history of Site Safety Plus, introduction of GE 707, purpose of CITB-ConstructionSkills and the health, safety and environment test.
- Aims and Objectives – at the end of the day, the delegates will be able to:
- Ensure the individual responsibilities are understood – why they are carrying out duties, what is expected of them and how they contribute to safety in the workplace.
- Understand the need to prevent accidents.
- Have an understanding of health and safety law.
- Identify how their role fits into the control and management of the site.
- Understand the need for risk assessments and method statements.
- Appreciate the need to perform safely, and to stop and ask for advice if not sure.
- Report unsafe acts to prevent an accident.
- General Responsibilities – covering health and safety law, communication and consultation, policy, organisation, risk assessments, toolbox talks etc.
- Accident Reporting and Recording – nature of accidents, causes, prevention, costs, accident reporting, illness, near-miss concept.
- Hazards in the Workplace
- Health and Welfare
- Dust and Fumes (Respiratory Risks)
- Manual Handling
- Working at Height
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- First aid and Emergency Procedures
- Fire Prevention and Control
- Hazardous Substances
- Electrical Safety and Hand-held Tools and Equipment
- Noise and vibration
- Site Transport Safety
- Confined Spaces
- Safety Signs and Signals
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Assessment will be by multiple-choice question paper at the end of the course. Delegates are also expected to be interactive during the course.
MBO Safety Services Limited has a strong team of specialist trainers who develop and deliver bespoke courses, all tailored to your business’s health and safety requirements.Our courses can be held at our training facility, or at a location of your choice.
Multiple UK Locations
Each of our training venues have been carefully selected to ensure that delegates are provided with a comfortable learning environment. All rooms have natural lighting, air conditioning and provide quality food and refreshments.