CITB – Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
Why Choose MBO Safety Services?
- Our pass rates are in excess of 90%
- Delivered by Instructors who are Chartered members of IOSH
- Quality Assurance, course content very thorough and engaging, various teaching techniques used to deliver key points.
- Excellent training venues with complementary refreshments
- Course can be delivered at your premises for group bookings
Course Cost£250.00 + VAT
This two day course is intended for those who have, or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities.
It provides supervisors with an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, as well as their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. It will highlight the requirement to promote health and safety to supervise effectively.
This course is endorsed by Build UK as the standard training for all supervisors working on Build UK sites.
Delegates will receive a certificate of attendance. We recommend that this course is renewed every three years.
- Introduction – Introduce GE 706 ‘Site Supervision Simplified’.
- Aims and Objectives – To understand:
- The problems of the industry: accident record, itinerant workforce.
- How the supervisory role fits in within the site management structure.
- How to use GE 706 chapter checklists as part of their daily duties.
- The role of the supervisor.
- Health and Safety Law – Covering acts, regulations, approved codes of practices, guidance (HSE/industry), criminal law, powers of inspectors and improvement and prohibition notices.
- Controlling Workplace Hazards
- Safe systems of work.
- Identifying hazards (physical, biological, chemical, ergonomic).
- HSE five steps to a risk assessment.
- Method statements.
- Principles of prevention.
- Special considerations.
- Health and Safety Management
- The health and safety policy – why?
- Contents of the health and safety policy.
- How to measure company health and safety performance.
- The purpose of permit systems and how they work.
- Workplace Hazards and Risk Controls
- Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005.
- Respiratory risks including silica dust and asbestos.
- Drugs and alcohol.
- Health monitoring.
- Fire Safety
- Chemical Hazards
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- Working at Height
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Manual Handling
- Accidents, First Aid and Data Protection
- Intervention Skills and Behaviour
There are no formal entry requirements: however, delegates should hold or be about to hold the role of a supervisor.
Assessment will be by multiple choice questions at the end of the course. Delegates are also expected to be interactive during the course.
MBO Safety Services Limited has a strong team of specialist trainers who develop and deliver bespoke courses, all tailored to your business’s health and safety requirements.
Our courses can be held at our training facility, or at a location of your choice.
Multiple UK Locations
Each of our training venues have been carefully selected to ensure that delegates are provided with a comfortable learning environment. All rooms have natural lighting, air conditioning and provide quality food and refreshments.