CITB – Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme Refresher
Why Choose MBO Safety Services?
- Our pass rates are in excess of 90%
- Delivered by Instructors who are Chartered members of IOSH
- Quality Assurance, course content very thorough and engaging, various teaching techniques used to deliver key points.
- Excellent training venues with complementary refreshments
- Course can be delivered at your premises for group bookings
Course Cost£175.00 + VAT
This course is designed for those who have already completed the full 2 day SSSTS course, hold a certificate which is about to or has recently expired. Skills and knowledge will be updated, giving an understanding of the Health and Safety requirements within an organisation.
Upon completion of a written test successful delegates will receive the SSSTS certificate issued by Construction Skills. We recommend that this course is renewed every 3 years.
- Introduction – An overview of the course and discussion of attendees’ current level of knowledge.
- UK Health and Safety Legislations – An outline of the key Health and Safety Regulations in particular those contained within the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 that companies in the UK need to comply with, highlighting the need to carry out work on site while adhering to strict guidelines.
- The Role of the Supervisor – An understanding of responsibilities for carrying out certain tasks, how to measure and monitor performance, the legal responsibilities, expectations and how to contribute to a safe working environment.
- Hazard Identification – Definition of what a hazard is and identification of the 4 main hazard groups; physical, chemical, biological and environmental.
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements – An overview of Risk Assessments and Method Statements, covering HSE’s 5 steps to Risk Assessment and the critical elements and principles of prevention of Method Statements.
- Measuring Performance – Methods of measuring performance against Company objectives, industry standards and benchmarking.
- Health and Safety Management – Covering topics such as working with asbestos, noise at work, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH), Manual Handling, vibration, the environment and waste management.
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order – Points to consider when formulating a fire prevention strategy and fire plan.
- Toolbox Talks – What to include and how to deliver a successful toolbox talk.
- Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations 2007 – An overview of the regulations concerning CDM and the role of the supervisor.
- The Working Environment – General instruction on Work at Height Regulations when working with ladders and other Work at Height equipment, creating a safe place of work, welfare, first-aid provision, housekeeping and health issues.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – The use of suitable PPE.
- Questions and Answers – Time for attendees to clarify and query any of the points raised in the course plus course questionnaire to test attendees’ knowledge.
MBO Safety Services Limited has a strong team of specialist trainers who develop and deliver bespoke courses, all tailored to your business’s health and safety requirements.
Our courses can be held at our training facility, or at a location of your choice.
Multiple UK Locations
Each of our training venues have been carefully selected to ensure that delegates are provided with a comfortable learning environment. All rooms have natural lighting, air conditioning and provide quality food and refreshments.