CITB – Site Management Safety Training Scheme Refresher
Why Choose MBO Safety Services?
- Our pass rates are in excess of 90%
- Delivered by Instructors who are Chartered members of IOSH
- Quality Assurance, course content very thorough and engaging, various teaching techniques used to deliver key points.
- Excellent training venues with complementary refreshments
- Course can be delivered at your premises for group bookings
This course is designed for those who have already had the 5 day course, hold a valid certificate, or hold a certificate which has recently expired. The aim of this course is to refresh skills and information gained from the full 5 day course in order to create and maintain a safe working environment.
Upon completion of a written examination and oral assessment, successful delegates will receive the SMSTS certificate awarded by Construction Skills. The certificate is valid for 5 years and will therefore require refresher training every 5 years.
- Introduction – An overview of the course and discussion of attendees’ current level of knowledge.
- UK Health and Safety Legislation – An outline of the key Health and Safety Regulations in particular those contained within the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 that companies in the UK need to comply with, highlighting the need to carry out work on site while adhering to strict guidelines.
- Roles and Responsibilities – An understanding of roles and responsibilities and where accountability lies in providing site health, safety and welfare.
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements – An overview on how Risk Assessments and Method Statements play an important role in the construction industry, covering HSE’s 5 steps to Risk Assessment and the critical elements and principles of prevention of Method Statements.
- Site Set-Up – Instruction on how to ensure safe systems and methods of work are established when setting up site in line with relevant legislation maximising productivity and efficiency. How to measure and monitor performance. Consideration of electricity on site, underground and overhead services, fire precautions and presence of any highly flammable liquids.
- Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations 2007 – An in-depth look at the regulations concerning construction design and management and the relationship between principal contractor, contractor and the client.
- The Working Environment – General instruction on Work at Height Regulations when working with ladders and other Work at Height equipment, creating a safe place of work, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), welfare, first-aid provision, housekeeping and health issues.
- Excavation, Scaffolding and Demolition – Excavation work and working in confined spaces. Ensuring scaffolding is designed and constructed safely. Instruction for when demolition work is required and that it is accomplished in a safe manner, giving due consideration to the workforce and also the effect on the general public.
- Health and Safety of Site Management – Covering topics such as working with asbestos, noise at work, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH), Manual Handling, vibration, the environment and waste management.
- Questions and Answers – Time for attendees to clarify and query any of the points raised in the course plus course questionnaire to test attendees’ knowledge.
MBO Safety Services Limited has a strong team of specialist trainers who develop and deliver bespoke courses, all tailored to your business’s health and safety requirements.
Our courses can be held at our training facility, or at a location of your choice.
Multiple UK Locations
Each of our training venues have been carefully selected to ensure that delegates are provided with a comfortable learning environment. All rooms have natural lighting, air conditioning and provide quality food and refreshments.