Why Choose MBO Safety Services?
- Our pass rates are in excess of 90%
- Delivered by Instructors who are Chartered members of IOSH
- Quality Assurance, course content very thorough and engaging, various teaching techniques used to deliver key points.
- Excellent training venues with complementary refreshments
- Course can be delivered at your premises for group bookings
This International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) course is designed to instruct operators to prepare and safely operate various types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs).
Upon completion of a written test, practical training and assessment, successful delegates will receive a certificate issued by IPAF and an internationally accepted photo I.D. IPAF licence showing the category or categories of MEWP on which they have been trained. Licences are valid for 5 years and will require renewal before expiration.
• Introduction – An overview of the course and discussion of attendees’ current level of knowledge.
• Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) – An overview of the key Health and Safety Regulations to which companies in the UK need to comply, together with the employer’s and employee’s legal responsibilities.
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – The use of suitable PPE.
• Work at Height – Information on the definition and regulations surrounding Work at Height together with an outline of employer’s and employee’s responsibilities.
• Categories of MEWPs – Types of Scissor Lifts together with an explanation of other MEWPs categories.
• Structure – Information on the main structural parts of Scissor Lifts and other categories of MEWPs.
• Pre-use Inspection – The importance of carrying out pre-use checks and how to set up equipment safely, taking into account ground/site conditions and the general surroundings.
• Testing and Inspection – How to test that equipment is set up correctly and the importance of maintaining records from inspections carried out.
• Safe Operating Methods – The importance of safety requirements and the completion of Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS).
• Questions and Answers – Time for attendees to clarify and query any of the points raised in the course plus course questionnaire to test attendees’ knowledge.
MBO Safety Services Limited has a strong team of specialist trainers who develop and deliver bespoke courses, all tailored to your business’s health and safety requirements.
Our courses can be held at our training facility, or at a location of your choice.
Multiple UK Locations
Each of our training venues have been carefully selected to ensure that delegates are provided with a comfortable learning environment. All rooms have natural lighting, air conditioning and provide quality food and refreshments.
Oswestry Branch MBO Safety Services Limited
1 Oswald Road
9 Watts Street