Emergency First Aid at Work
Why Choose MBO Safety Services?
- Our pass rates are in excess of 90%
- Delivered by Instructors who are Chartered members of IOSH
- Quality Assurance, course content very thorough and engaging, various teaching techniques used to deliver key points.
- Excellent training venues with complementary refreshments
- Course can be delivered at your premises for group bookings
Course Cost£75.00 + VAT
This course is designed for people who want to receive training in Emergency First Aid at Work and is ideally suited for nominated first-aiders in smaller, low-risk working environments.
On successful completion of the course, the delegate will receive a Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (QCF) certificate which is valid for 3 years.
Introduction – What is first aid?
- First-aider – An explanation of the role of the first-aider, highlighting the responsibilities.
- Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) – An overview of the key Health and Safety Regulations to which companies in the UK need to comply, together with the employer’s and employee’s legal responsibilities.
- The Management of the Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
- The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
- First Aid at Work Provision.
- First-aid kit – What are the required contents of a first-aid kit and how to avoid cross infection.
- Accident reporting and recording – How to report and record incidents and accidents and the importance of maintaining records in the workplace.
- Assessing – How to assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
- Communication – How to communicate and approach a casualty safely.
- Administer – How to administer first aid to a casualty and infection control.
Action in an emergency
- Primary survey
- Secondary assessments
- The respiratory system
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- The chain of survival
- Disorders of respiration
- Disorders of circulation
- Wounds and bleeding
- Minor burns and scalds
- Foreign objects
Questions and Answers – There are ongoing questions and answers during the course to clarify and query any of the points raised.
Assessment – There is an ongoing practical assessment by the trainer and a written workbook completed throughout the course.
MBO Safety Services Limited has a strong team of specialist trainers who develop and deliver bespoke courses, all tailored to your business’s health and safety requirements.
Our courses can be held at our training facility, or at a location of your choice.
Multiple UK Locations
Each of our training venues have been carefully selected to ensure that delegates are provided with a comfortable learning environment. All rooms have natural lighting, air conditioning and provide quality food and refreshments.
Oswestry Branch MBO Safety Services Limited
1 Oswald Road
9 Watts Street