Why Choose MBO Safety Services?
- Our pass rates are in excess of 90%
- Delivered by Instructors who are Chartered members of IOSH
- Quality Assurance, course content very thorough and engaging, various teaching techniques used to deliver key points.
- Excellent training venues with complementary refreshments
- Course can be delivered at your premises for group bookings
This International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) course is designed for those who are required to use, supervise or manage the use of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs) and need to be aware of how to select, inspect and use safety harnesses correctly.
Upon completion of a short written test, successful delegates will have the harness qualification added to their existing IPAF Licence. We recommend that this course is renewed every 5 years in line with IPAF Licence requirements.
• Introduction – An overview of the course and discussion of attendees’ current level of knowledge.
• Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) – An overview of the key Health and Safety Regulations to which companies in the UK need to comply, together with the employer’s and employee’s legal responsibilities.
• MEWPs and Harnesses – An explanation of the various types of MEWPs together with an overview of harnesses available.
• Hierarchy – The hierarchy of measures to take to protect against falls and avoid hazards.
• Choices – Making the correct selection of harness suitable to the job.
• Testing and Checking – An outline of testing undertaken by manufacturers and the correct usage of equipment. The requirement for pre-use checks and keeping/maintaining records.
• Loads and Limitations – Equipment stress levels applicable and their limitations.
• Rescue Situations – What to do in a rescue situation, what equipment to use and how to use it appropriately.
• Questions and Answers – Time for attendees to clarify and query any of the points raised in the course plus course questionnaire to test attendees’ knowledge.
MBO Safety Services Limited has a strong team of specialist trainers who develop and deliver bespoke courses, all tailored to your business’s health and safety requirements.
Our courses can be held at our training facility, or at a location of your choice.
Multiple UK Locations
Each of our training venues have been carefully selected to ensure that delegates are provided with a comfortable learning environment. All rooms have natural lighting, air conditioning and provide quality food and refreshments.
Oswestry Branch MBO Safety Services Limited
1 Oswald Road
9 Watts Street